Poland is one of the fastest growing furniture markets in the European Union in terms of production levels. This is demonstrated, for example, by high positioning in global furniture production and export rankings. The high position of the furniture market in Poland can be attributed to:
- long-standing tradition, which results in substantial manufacturing capacity and resources of qualified staff as well as an established position with customers;
- attractive geographic location - close to the absorptive markets of
- domestic natural wood resources;
- relatively low labour costs compared to Western European countries.
At the end of 2021, more than 32,000 furniture manufacturing entities were registered in Poland. It is estimated that the Polish furniture industry will develop at least at the same level as the growth rate of the entire global market, i.e. at a rate of 5.4% per year (CAGR 2020-2023). This means that the demand for machines, tools and components for the wood and furniture industry will also grow.
Each year DREMA is visited by an increasing number of visitors from Poland and Europe. Professional visitors include representatives of key furniture companies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
The fair is primarily a place where the business world meets, however special spaces for woodworking enthusiasts will also be available.
A wide range of topics and a high professional level are the hallmarks of this event. The objectives of this year's edition include:
- cross-sectional presentation of machines and programmes for production optimisation
- automation of production processes in practice
- methods for reducing the share of labour costs through the mechanisation of processes
- energy-saving technologies and the introduction of environmentally-friendly solutions in production plants
- wide range of offers for do-it-yourselfers and woodworking enthusiasts
- I do hope that, as in previous years, against all odds, this year's DREMA will be a festival of the wood and furniture industry. We are organising this event with a belief in the value and need for live meetings. As our exhibitors say, “...there is no business without relationships”, and we would add that every obstacle can be overcome if we are not alone. The situation that our industry is facing at the moment shows that DREMA is needed even more than before – says Andrzej Półrolniczak, the director of the DREMA trade fair.
The International Trade Fair of Machines, Tools and Components for the Wood and Furniture Industries will be held from 13 to 16 September 2022 on the premises of Poznań International Fair.